henryjoebob 142
Sarah 128
manic 127
Jess 124
Cindy 123
nerdfiles 122
Adam 106
Random Faqqing
What does Beta mean and how long will idiotechnica.com be in it?
Beta is a fancy schmancy technical term that means: We do not want to take any responsibility for the quality of our software at this time. Idiotechnica will always be in beta.
firefox_logo
idiotechnica.com uses CSS3 and is optimized for viewing in Firefox versions 3+

share this thread on facebook

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Vox Ice 9 Overdrive
11/05/11 02:12 PM

This thing rocks.  I bought it because the line level preamp on the mobile pre is weak.  I wanted to put something in front of it to give my guitar some depth and character before even adding mixdown effects.  I researched online and the ice 9 overdrive was supposed to be a good subtle overdrive.  Recording direct sounds perfect. It might even sound better than a if i i had mic'd it (granted my amp sucks).   It puts a warm fuzz on each string that doesnt get muddled together when you play chords so it works for lead or rhythm.  I have been working on a new tune  and I already layed down the guitar tracks with this thing. It sounds amazing. 

Post ID: 9630

Dylan Post Author Photo: Dylan
11/05/11 07:46 PM

Need proof.  Link some samples!

Post ID: 9634

11/05/11 09:48 PM

Dylan: Need proof.  Link some samples!

its not coming along as fast as id like. I got an autotuner and its distracting me.

i always think autotuning is gay...but now that I have an autotuner, i understand why t-pain refuses to do it any other way. its just fun as fuck all to play with. it will be hard to not want to put it on everything from here on out.

Post ID: 9635

11/06/11 01:40 AM

Michael: its just fun as fuck all to play with. it will be hard to not want to put it on everything from here on out.

thats what she said!

Post ID: 9636

11/06/11 05:45 PM

Record your best cover of this:

Post ID: 9637

11/06/11 07:02 PM

i didnt like that one as much as still alive.

i think youll like what im releasing soon.  just got to do some bridge work and its good to go. although im frustrated with how much i cant sing anymore. i really need to find a singer to work with.

Post ID: 9638

11/06/11 07:18 PM

Welcome to my world.  Except my problem is I can't sing or play the guitar. I have to rely on my smashing good looks.
Post ID: 9639

11/06/11 09:05 PM

Dylan: Welcome to my world.  Except my problem is I can't sing or play the guitar. I have to rely on my smashing good looks.

funny. while i am recording some tracks that center around guitar, what i do lyrically doesnt thrive in that genre, so I find myself using the guitar to map out the song...then it gets dropped very low in the mix...mostly it stays in simply because i dont want to throw away a perfectly good guitar track no matter how superfluous it may be.

Post ID: 9640