henryjoebob 142
Sarah 128
manic 127
Jess 124
Cindy 123
nerdfiles 122
Adam 106
Random Faqqing
There seem to be lots of things missing or that just plain don't work.
That's not a question. Its a statement. It's an honest mistake to be sure, but maybe its a sign that you should start spending more time thinking about how you might improve yourself and a little less time nitpicking every little detail of any given website.
firefox_logo
idiotechnica.com uses CSS3 and is optimized for viewing in Firefox versions 3+

share this thread on facebook

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
My Favorite Portal 2 GlaDOS Quotes
04/19/11 10:59 PM

As they occur:

"We both said a lot of things that you are going to regret"

"lets analyze the test results: You are a horrible person. Thats what it says. A horrible person...We weren't even testing for that"

"Look at you - flying through the air majestically - like an eagle...piloting a blimp."

Post ID: 9269

Francisco Post Author Photo: Francisco
04/22/11 12:32 AM

that was awful
Post ID: 9278

04/22/11 12:02 PM

Francisco: that was awful

bastard

Post ID: 9279

Dylan Post Author Photo: Dylan
04/22/11 12:32 PM

Soooo, did anyone get Portal 2 yet?

Post ID: 9280

04/23/11 12:59 PM

Dylan:

Soooo, did anyone get Portal 2 yet?

did you? i figured you were first in line at the game store, face painted half blue half orange with a picket sign or something.

single player campaign was good, but way easier than the first one. V and I have been having fun playing the coop. definitely makes the puzzles more interesting. id say lets play online...but psn has been down for days =[

Post ID: 9283

04/23/11 02:01 PM

spazdaq:

did you? i figured you were first in line at the game store, face painted half blue half orange with a picket sign or something.

single player campaign was good, but way easier than the first one. V and I have been having fun playing the coop. definitely makes the puzzles more interesting. id say lets play online...but psn has been down for days =[

I went to pick up the PS3 version so I could get the free steam download (and then sell the PS3 copy back), but they were sold out until wednesday.

Post ID: 9286

04/23/11 02:14 PM

Dylan:

I went to pick up the PS3 version so I could get the free steam download (and then sell the PS3 copy back), but they were sold out until wednesday.

i preordered.

you'll enjoy it. its got more and funnier humor. Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons' contributions add a lot more depth to 2 over 1.  Still. even with all the new objects that really make the puzzles interesting -  i didn't find the puzzles nearly as challenging. 

the coop is a little more challenging though since when you look at the puzzles, you have to think about how to solve it with 2 people and 4 portals. when we beat that though, unless some of the DLC is new levels, i dont see this having much replay value.

Post ID: 9291

04/23/11 02:16 PM

spazdaq:

i preordered.

you'll enjoy it. its got more and funnier humor. Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons' contributions add a lot more depth to 2 over 1.  Still. even with all the new objects that really make the puzzles interesting -  i didn't find the puzzles nearly as challenging. 

the coop is a little more challenging though since when you look at the puzzles, you have to think about how to solve it with 2 people and 4 portals. when we beat that though, unless some of the DLC is new levels, i dont see this having much replay value.

Awesome.   I have almost run out of interest for games that aren't co-op (or multiplayer).  If you are looking for an extremely badass co-op game by the way, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is incredible.

Post ID: 9293

04/23/11 02:18 PM

Dylan:

Awesome.   I have almost run out of interest for games that aren't co-op (or multiplayer).  If you are looking for an extremely badass co-op game by the way, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is incredible.

i was hyped for it when it was announced, but i think it released on xbox a month early or something and even without the zealousy issues, i forgot about it while waiting.

Post ID: 9294

04/23/11 02:22 PM

spazdaq:

i was hyped for it when it was announced, but i think it released on xbox a month early or something and even without the zealousy issues, i forgot about it while waiting.

I hate Tomb Raider games with a passion but I needed something co-op for me and a drunken friend one night.   LC&TGOL totally surpassed all of my expectations.   Probably in the same way as you were describing portal's puzzles, each puzzle in LC forces you to stop and think about the environment and each progressive step.   Totally worth playing (but ONLY with a friend).

Post ID: 9295

04/23/11 02:30 PM

In order to wet my Valve appetite I was replaying Half Life 2: Episode 2 today.   Every time I play it I'm always so in awe of the polish in that game.  

There's a part where you find yourself working your way down to the ground floor of a building, and just before you step outside you can see a dumpster full of boxes near the exit.  If you stop and wait, you'll notice the boxes are being bumped around by something. Usually what happens is a Fast Zombie will jump out at you as you approach, but if you stand still and lob a grenade inside first, you'll hear the grenade tinker around, and then get thrown back out of the dumpster towards you.  The game is full of subtle crap like that. So awesome.

Post ID: 9297

04/23/11 08:05 PM

Dylan:

I hate Tomb Raider games with a passion but I needed something co-op for me and a drunken friend one night.   LC&TGOL totally surpassed all of my expectations.   Probably in the same way as you were describing portal's puzzles, each puzzle in LC forces you to stop and think about the environment and each progressive step.   Totally worth playing (but ONLY with a friend).

why hate tomb raider games? granted the more recent ones are annoyingly buggy, but the maps, puzzles, gameplay...whats not to like?

Post ID: 9298